4 Ways to Transfer Photos from SD Card to iPhone
Take some beautiful photos on your camera and really want to transfer photos from camera to iPhone to share with your friends? Get a new iPhone and need to transfer photos from SD card in your old Android phone to the new iPhone? Transferring SD card to iPhone can be extremely easy if you get the right way. In this article, we will share 3 easy ways for you to transfer photos from SD card to iPhone 12/11/X/8/7/7Plus/6s/6/5s/5.
- Method 1: The Best Way to Transfer SD Card to iPhone in One Click
- Method 2: Transfer Photos from SD Card to iPhone using iTunes
- Method 3: Import Photos from SD Card to iPhone with Apple Camera Adapter
Method 1: The Best Way to Transfer SD Card to iPhone in One Click
You can easily copy photos from SD from SD card to computer, and then sync the photos from computer to iPhone. However, the traditional iTunes sync method will erase all photos previously stored on your iPhone after syncing, thus here we recommend UltFone iOS Data Manager, the best iPhone photos manager to import pictures from SD card to iPhone 12/11/X/8/7/7Plus/6s/6/5s/5 in one click.
The Advantages of Transferring SD Card to iPhone using UltFone iOS Data Manager
- Import all photos in SD card to iPhone without limitations.
- Unlike transferring using iTunes, the current photos in your iPhone won't be overwritten.
- Fast speed, 100 photos in a few seconds.
- Support all iOS versions and iOS (iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch) models.
Steps to Import Pictures from SD Card to iPhone using UltFone iOS Data Manager Software
- Step 1 Connect your SD card to computer with a card reader and connect your device to the computer via an USB cable.
Step 2 Run UltFone iOS Data Manager after installing and select Manage tab from the top menu on the main interface.
Step 3 Click on Photos on the left sidebar. This program will expand the photos folder on your iPhone.
Step 4 Click on Import button on the top options, a window will prompt to let you choose photos from computer. Please choose the Camera or SD card folder on the compuer and click Open button to start transferring photos to iPhone from SD card.
Method 2: Transfer Photos from SD Card to iPhone using iTunes
iTunes is the tranditional way to sync files from SD card to iPhone.
- iTunes only supports one-way sync, which means that once you sync photos to iPhone, the current media data including photos on your iPhone may be overwritten.
- If you have turned on iCloud Photos on your iPhone, you must turn off iCloud Photos to sync photos with iTunes. However, after turning off iCloud Photos, all iCloud photos on your iPhone will be deleted. You can also choose to download them all to your iPhone, which will take up a lot of storage space on your iPhone.
Having known the disadvantages of using iTunes, you can go with the steps below.
- Step 1. Insert your SD card to a card reader and connect it to computer.
- Step 2. Connect your iPhone to computer with a USB cable, and launch iTunes on computer.
Step 3. iTunes will recognize your device. Click on Photos > Sync Photos > Copy Photos from "choose folder" > Choose the SD card folder and select the photos you'd like to sync > click Apply.
Method 3: Import Photos from SD Card to iPhone with Apple Camera Adapter
Apple officially introduced its camera adapter to assist user to import photos and videos from an SD card, digital camera, or other supported accessory to iPhone, iPad using a SD Card Camera Reader/ USB Camera Adapter. Below is about to move photos from the SD card to iPhone using the Lightning to SD card reader.
Step 1. Remove the SD card from your digital camera and place it into the Lightning to SD card reader. Connect the SD card reader with SD card in it to your iPhone.
- Step 2. Turn on your iPhone and unlock its screen. Photos should automatically open on your iPhone with the Import tab. If this does not happen, open the Photos app and tap on Import.
- Step 3. Tap Import All to import your content, or tap specific items, then tap Import.
Step 4. When the import is complete, you might be asked to Keep or Delete the media on the camera or SD card.
The Bottom Line
You can easily transfer pictures from SD card to iPhone with the methods above. Personally, I recommend UltFone iOS Data Manager as it is not only a SD card transfer to iPhone tool, but also helps you organize, backup and restore iOS files, speed up slow iPhone and repair operating system in case your iPhone goes wrong.