Step by Step Guide: Restore Backup to New iPhone 13
Restoring a backup from an old iPhone to your new brand-new iPhone 13 is a great way to transfer all your data and settings to the new device. Whether you’re new to the Apple ecosystem or not, restoring a backup to a new iPhone 13 is an exhilarating process. Of course, you want to restore a backup without facing any hassle. Isn’t, it right? That’s why we came up with this post. To help you restore a backup from an old device to your new iPhone 13 successfully, below is the step-by-step guide. We’re going to discuss all plausible ways on how to restore backup to new iPhone.
- Part 1. How to Restore Backup to New iPhone 13 with iCloud?
- Part 2. How to Restore new iPhone 13 from Computer Backup?
- Part 3. How to Fix iPhone 13 Won't Restore from Backup?
Part 1. How to Restore Backup to New iPhone 13 with iCloud?
You can restore a backup to your new iPhone 13 using iCloud. As iCloud is an in-built feature available on all iOS devices, restoring backup via iCloud would be easier. Below is the step-by-step guide to restoring a backup to the new iPhone via iCloud.
Step 1. Backup Old iPhone to iCloud
As to the question about how to put old backup on new iPhone, you need to first backup your old iPhone to iCloud. To do so, you need to connect your old iPhone to a Wi-Fi connection and then follow the below steps:
- Open “Settings”>” [Your Name]”>” iCloud”.
- Tap “iCloud Backup”
- Tap the “Back Up Now” option.
Let the backup completes. On iOS 12 and earlier devices, go to Settings > iCloud > Backup > Back Up Now.
Step 2. Restore iCloud Backup to New iPhone 13
After backing up an old iPhone to iCloud, you’re all set to set up your new iPhone 13 using the iCloud backup you created in Step 1. So, follow the below steps:
- 1. If you have already set up your new iPhone 12, then go to “Settings”>” General”>” Reset”>” Erase All Content and Settings”.
- 2. You can now set up a new device again, so turn your iPhone.
3. When you reach the “Apps & Data Screen”, click “Restore from iCloud backup”.
- 4. Sign in using your Apple ID.
- 5. Select the most recent backup from a list of available iCloud backups and that’s it.
Let the restore process completes. And that’s how to restore backup on new iPhone using iCloud. If you find this method not for you, continue reading.
Part 2. How to Restore new iPhone 13 from Computer Backup?
Below is the step-by-step guide on how to restore new iPhone 13 from computer backup.
Step 1. Backup Old iPhone to Computer
The first step is to backup your old iPhone to the computer. Whether you’re using Windows or Mac, below we have covered steps for both.
- Option 1. Backup iPhone with Windows
- Option 2. Backup iPhone with Mac
- Option 3. Selective Backup iPhone to PC/Mac with Third-Party Backup Tool
Option 1. Backup iPhone with Windows
To back up your old iPhone using Windows PC, follow the below steps:
- 1. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
- 2. Open the iTunes app on your computer and then tap the device icon.
3. Tap “Summary”>” Back Up Now” option.
Option 2. Backup iPhone with Mac
To back up your iPhone on macOS 10.15 and above, follow the below steps:
- 1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- 2. If you’re using macOS 10.15 or above, In the Finder sidebar, choose your iPhone. (Use iTunes to back up your old iPhone for earlier Mac versions).
- 3. At the top of your Finder Window, tap “General”.
- 4. At the top of your Finder Window, tap “General”.
5. Tap “Back Up Now”.
Option 3. Selective Backup iPhone to PC/Mac with Third-Party Backup Tool
You can even take advantage of 3rd-party backup tools like UltFone iOS Data Manager to backup your iPhone to Windows PC or Mac. With the assistance of the software, you’ll be able to back up your device to the computer in just one-click. What’s more? You can backup your iPhone data selectively to the computer.
On top of all, the backup feature of the UltFone iOS Data Manager is free to use.
Here is the quick guide to learn how to back up the iPhone to the computer using the software:
Step 1 Run UltFone iOS Data Manager, connect your old iPhone to the computer. From the main interface, click “Backup & Restore”>” Device Backup & Restore”.
Step 2 You can selectively decide which files you want to backup.
Step 3 Once you tap the “Backup” button, the software will commence backing up the chosen data on your computer.
Step 2. How to Restore New iPhone 13 from Computer Backup
Now, it’s time to learn how to restore new iPhone from backup. Below are all the ways to restore the new iPhone from the computer backup you just created in Step 1.
Option 1. Restore Backup to New iPhone from iTunes
To restore iTunes backup to new iPhone, follow the below steps:
- 1. If your Mac is running with macOS 10.15, launch Finder. And if your Mac is running with macOS 10.14 or earlier or a Windows PC, launch iTunes.
- 2. Connect your new iPhone to the computer.
- 3. Select your iPhone when it shows up in the Finder window or iTunes.
- 4. Choose “Restore Backup”.
- 5. Select the most relevant backup file.
6. Tap “restore” and let the process completes.
Option 2. Selectively Restore Backup from Old iPhone to New iPhone 13
Just like you can selectively back up your iPhone data to the computer, you can selectively restore data from backup to your new iPhone 13 using UltFone iOS Data Manager software. To do so, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Open the UltFone iOS Data Manager, connect your new iPhone 13 to the computer. From the main interface, click “Backup & Restore” and tap “To View or restore previous backup files”.
Step 2: Select a backup file you would like to restore and tap “View”.
Step 3: The software will start extracting all data from the selected backup file. Select the data you like to restore and click “Restore to Device”.
That’s how to restore a backup to a new iPhone 13 selectively.
Part 3. How to Fix iPhone 13 Won't Restore from Backup?
If your iPhone won't restore from backup, then try the following tips to fix the problem.
1. Update iTunes on your computer
Outdated iTunes version could be the reason behind why your iPhone won’t restore from backup. So, check and update iTunes on your computer.
- Go to App Store.
- Click the “Updates” tab.
- If iTunes updates are available, then install.
On Windows PC:
- Open iTunes.
- Click “Help”>” Check for Updates”
- If iTunes updates are available, then install.
2. Use Apple Original USB Cable
Make sure that you are using the Apple Original USB cable to make a connection with iPhone and computer and the cable is not damaged. You can even try using another cable if possible.
3. Use a different USB Port
Any problem with the USB port can also cause the restore from the backup process to fail. Your new iPhone won't restore from backup if the USB port you are using to make a connection between iPhone and computer is damaged. Therefore, try to use a different USB port for the restore process.
Wrap It Up
That’s all on how to restore backup to new iPhone. Restoring a backup from an old iPhone to your brand-new iPhone 13 is an easy process when you know how to do it rightly. No worries if your new iPhone 13 won’t restore from iTunes backup, the problem could be an outdated iTunes version or damaged USB cable/port. Simply updating iTunes or ensuring the USB cable/port is not damaged, you can fix the problem. UltFone free iPhone Backup Tool is also a good choice to selective backup iPhone.