How to Transfer Tones from iTunes to iPhone 8/8 Plus
Ringtones have been removed from iTunes with 12.7, so how can I add custom ringtones. I do not want to buy ringtones from the store.
Since iTunes to 12.7, you may have noticed that a significant change that Apple removed Apps, Tones and Books from iTunes library. It seems like you can no longer sync iTunes ringtones to iPhone 13 or other devices, however, after reading this guide, you will learn 3 different ways to add ringtones to iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8 and other iOS devices.
- Method 1: Manually Drag and Drop to Put Ringtones on iPhone 8/8P in iTunes 12.7 or Later
- Method 2: Sync Tones from iTunes to iPhone (iTunes 12.6 and Earlier)
- Method 3: How to Transfer Ringtones from Computer to iPhone without iTunes Syncing
Method 1: Manually Drag and Drop to Put Ringtones on iPhone 8/8P in iTunes 12.7 or Later
Fortunately, it’s still possible to get ringtones on iPhone 8/8 Plus in iTunes 12.7 or above, and the operations are quite easy. Once you have learned how to add ringtones to iPhone, you won’t have problems with transferring other files.
1. Connect your iPhone 8/8P with iTunes and click device icon.
2. Locate custom ringtones saved on your computer. If they are downloaded from iTunes 12.6, you can find the files in iTunes media folder.
- On Mac: From the top menu bar, select Go > Home > Music > iTunes.
- On Windows: Open C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\.
3. Drag and drop ringtone to your device in the left side bar. If you cannot do this, check whether Manually manage music and videos option is enabled in iTunes.
Method 2: Sync Tones from iTunes to iPhone (iTunes 12.6 and Earlier)
If you are still iTunes 12.6 and even earlier version users, you can follow the tranditional way to sync tones to iPhone 8/8 Plus. Note that you will have the iTunes library replace the one in your device. To get ringtone from iTunes to iPhone, do the following.
- Open iTunes and connect your iOS device.
- Click device icon then Tones option.
- Check Sync Tones.
- Click Apply button below.
After that, iTunes will start syncing and put the selected tones into your iPhone.
Method 3: How to Transfer Ringtones from Computer to iPhone without iTunes Syncing
Except for mentioned above, there is another way to transfer ringtones from computer to iPhone without iTunes, which is to use an iOS transfer software - UltFone iOS Data Manager. This method is especially useful when you need to transfer custom ringtones to iPhone 8, or the ringtone format is not supported by iTunes.
The Advantages of Using UltFone iOS Data Manager
- Transfer ringtones from computer to iPhone without iTunes.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, etc. between iOS device and computer without iTunes syncing.
- One-click to export photos from iPhone/iPad to PC/Mac.
- Transfer iTunes media to iPhone, or vice versa without syncing.
- Backup iOS data to computer easily.
- Extract data from iPhone backup and restore data from backup file without restoring.
The Steps to Transfer Ringtones to iPhone without iTunes
Step 1 Open iOS Data Manager, and choose Manage from the top menu bar. Connect your device to computer via a USB cable.
Step 2 From the left sidebar, select Audio > Ringtones. Click Import button to choose ringtones from your computer to add them to your iPhone.
In this post we introduces three different ways on how to add ringtones to iPhone. No matter which method you are going to apply, after you successfully put ringtone into your iPhone 8/8 Plus, you are free to change default ringtone on the device.UltFone iOS Data Manager is professional iOS data manager that can replace iTunes to transfer files in a much easier way.