How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac?
iPhone is a great device to capture high-quality pictures until and unless it runs out of storage. There are chances that the videos and photos in your iPhone are eating up the entire storage, and therefore, you might consider moving videos from iPhone to Mac. But do you really know how to import videos from iPhone to Mac without iTunes?
Here in this article, we have combined a list of effective ways on how to move video from iPhone to Mac. In addition to the basic methods, we will also uncover a top-notch tool that helps you transfer videos between Mac and iPhone. You can skip here to learn more about this method.
- Part 1: One-click to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac without iTunes
- Part 2: Other Ways to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac
Part 1: One-click to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac without iTunes
Do you want a one-click solution for how to get video from iPhone to Mac? If yes, then UltFone iOS Data Manager is a great choice. It provides a much more flexible ways to export videos, import videos, and even delete videos in bulk.
Here is how to copy videos from iPhone to Mac using the "Manage" feature of UltFone iOS Data Manager Tool!
Step 1 Download and launch UltFone iOS Data Manager Tool on your Mac.
Free Download For PC Secure Download Free Download For Mac Secure Download BUY NOW BUY NOW
Step 2 Now, connect the device and click on "Manage" from the top menu bar of this program.
Step 3 All videos as well as other data in your device will be displayed on the software. You can select Videos from the sidebar to preview the video details including title, duration, format and size.
- Step 4 Tick the video(s) that you’d like to move to Mac and click Export button from the menu bar. You can even choose a folder to save these files on your computer.
That's all! Your videos have been moved from iPhone to Mac successfully. You don’t need network or iTunes in the whole process. If you are also interested in other methods, just read on.
Part 2: Other Ways to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac
If you want to free yourself from the hassle of downloading any software to transfer movies from iPhone to Mac, then you can switch to some of the primary methods though of them are time-consuming and not so flexible.
Way 1: Manually Move Videos from iPhone to Mac via Photos App
The first and foremost solution for how do I transfer videos from iPhone to Mac is by manually moving the videos via Photos App. The Photos App stores your files and data and organizes them so that you can later find your videos and photos quickly whenever you want.
Here's how to copy videos from iPhone to Mac via Photos App!
- Step 1: Launch or run the Photos App on your Mac and connect your iPhone to Mac using a USB cable.
- Step 2: Once the Mac detects your device, tap on the "Import" tab.
- Step 3: Now, all the photo and video collections from your iPhone will be opened. You can simply choose all of them or select specific ones as per your need.
Step 4: After making the required selection, you can simply transfer them to Mac.
Tip: The photos and videos you transferred to Mac will be stored in the Photo Library folder on your computer, to access the folder.
Way 2: How to Sync Videos from iPhone to Mac via iCloud?
In order to transfer videos and photos from iPhone to Mac via iCloud, you just have to turn ON the iCloud function on both iPhone and Mac, and sign in with the same iCloud account.
Here's a precise guide on how to use iCloud to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac.
- Step 1: Go to "Settings" and connect the device to the Wi-Fi network.
- Step 2: Now, go to "iCloud" if you are using iOS 10 or earlier. And, if you're using iOS 11 or later, then you have to tap on your name first and then go to "iCloud" after "Settings."
Step 3: Now, navigate to "Photos" or "Photos & Camera" and activate the "iCloud Photo" option.
- Step 1: Connect your Mac to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone.
Step 2: Run the Photos app and tap in the Photos option on the top.
- Step 3: Go to "System Preferences" now and click on the "iCloud" tab.
Step 4: Choose the "iCloud Photo Library" option from the list of options.
Now, the iCloud App will take care of everything and sync photos and videos automatically from your iPhone to Mac, but iCloud will take few hours to sync the videos to Mac. You can later follow the progress from the iCloud panel and get access to the synced photos and videos in the "Photos" app.
Way 3: How to Move Videos from iPhone to Mac via AirDrop?
How to upload video from iPhone to Mac is no longer a problem with AirDrop. AirDrop is one of the iOS apps that help in transferring the data and files wirelessly from one iDevice to another. Using AirDrop might not seem easy for a newbie, but yes, if you get it done correctly, it is an effective way to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac.
So, here's how AirDrop works to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac!
- Step 1: Make sure both your iPhone and Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
Step 2: Now, enable the AirDrop on your iPhone and select "Everyone" in the discovery settings.
Step 3: Launch the "Finder" on Mac and open AirDrop. Select the "Everyone" option here, too, as you did in Step 2.
- Step 4: Now, run the Camera Roll on your iPhone and select the images or videos you wish to transfer.
Step 5: Simply tap the "Share" button and save the images and videos to Mac carefully.
Way 4: Copy Videos from iPhone to Mac via Image Capture
Last but not least, the final way to copy videos and photos from iPhone to Mac is via Image Capture. This App is basically designed for uploading media files and photos from scanners and digital cameras. It also controls everything when it comes to connecting your iPhone to Mac.
You can easily transfer photos and videos from iPhone to Mac via Image Capture by following the steps below:
- Step 1: Download Image Capture in your Mac and connect your iPhone to it by using a USB cable.
- Step 2: Now, open the Image Capture program on Mac and select your device from the list of devices.
- Step 3: Simply choose the images you want to transfer and select the desired designation for your transferred files.
Step 4: Finally, hit the "Import" button to transfer the selected files from iPhone to Mac.
you choose, each of them will indeed offer excellent results. Still, if you ask us, then we will recommend you to use UltFone iOS Data Manager because this tool has everything when it comes to transferring the media files from iPhone to Mac. Not only this, but its free-to-use feature makes this tool handy and most preferred!