iPad Unavailable: 1 Click to Fix/Factory Reset/Restore Within 1 Minute
This iPad had a password set and unfortunately I forgot the password. After many attempts of passwords, the iPad now says “iPad unavailable” with no option to reset it. It won’t connect to iTunes with the cable to try and reset it. Is this thing bricked or is there some kind of work around?
Encountering the iPad unavailable message can be a puzzling experience for iPad users. Even though I am an iPad fanatic and tech writer, I also had to look for solutions to iPad unavailable when encountering the same problem. After using and testing several popular tools, we have selected the easiest and quickest solution to fix/factory reset/restore iPad unavailable within 1 minute. Everything you need to know will be covered here.
- Part 1. Why Does My iPad Say Unavailable/iPad Unavailable Press Home to Unlock
- Part 2. How Long Can iPad Unavailable Last
- Part 3. How to Fix iPad Unavailable [4 Ways]
- Top 1: UltFone - 1 Minute, 1 Click to Fix/Factory Reset/Restore iPad Unavailable
- Top 2: iTunes - Restore iPad Unavailable No Time Limit
- Top 3: iCloud/Find My iPad - Fix iPad Unavailable Without Computer
- Top 4: Erase iPad - Factory Reset iPad Unavailable Try Again in 8 Hours
- Part 4. FAQs About iPad Unavailable
Part 1. Why Does My iPad Say Unavailable/iPad Unavailable Press Home to Unlock
"iPad unavailable try again in 15 minutes/press Home to unlock", this iPad unavailable message usually appears when you've exceeded the maximum number of incorrect passcode attempts. It serves as a security measure to protect your data from unauthorized access. This can happen if you forget your passcode or someone else repeatedly enters the wrong passcode. Additionally, other factors may also contribute to this issue.
Here are some possible reasons for iPad not working:
- Outdated Software: One of the potential reasons for your iPad not working is outdated software. It is crucial to keep your device's software up to date to ensure optimal performance and compatibility.
- Swipe Button Issue: Another possible cause is a malfunctioning swipe button, especially if it fails to respond after your iPad has been locked for an extended period. This can hinder your ability to unlock the device and access its features.
- Abnormal ID Account: In some cases, Apple may flag your ID account as abnormal and remotely disable your iPad. If you find yourself in this situation, changing the password associated with your ID account can often restore its functionality.
- Incorrect Password Attempts: Excessive incorrect password attempts can also lead to an unresponsive iPad. The device may temporarily disable itself as a security measure to protect your data.
Part 2. How Long Can iPad Unavailable Last
The duration of the iPad unavailable period depends on the number of incorrect passcode attempts. Initially, you might encounter a brief lockout period of a few minutes, like iPad unavailable try again in 15 minutes. However, if you continue entering incorrect passcodes, the lockout time will increase exponentially. In extreme cases, it can even result in your iPad being permanently disabled.
For some iPad models, the time when the iPad will eventually be disabled can be referred to:
- 6 wrong attempts: iPad unavailable, try again in 1 minute
- 7 wrong attempts: iPad unavailable, try again in 5 minutes
- 8 wrong attempts: iPad unavailable, try again in 15 minutes
- 9 wrong attempts: iPad unavailable, try again in 59 minutes/1 hour
- X wrong attempts: iPad unavailable, try again in 8 hours or more
Part 3. How to Fix iPad Unavailable [4 Ways]
Top 1: UltFone - 1 Minute, 1 Click to Fix/Factory Reset/Restore iPad Unavailable
If you want to fix iPad unavailable in the quickest and easiest way, here is the method I highly recommend: UltFone iPhone Unlock . This reliable tool offers the simplest way to fix your iPad unavailable. It works seamlessly and bypasses the passcode with ease. Just simple clicks, you can easily fix/factory reset/restore iPad unavailable.
[Video Tutorial] How to fix/factory reset/restore iPad unavailable within 1 minute?
- Step 1Download and install UltFone iPhone Unlock on your computer,then click "Start" to begin fixing iPad unavailable.
- Step 2Connect your iPad to your computer and the software will detect it automatically. Click "Next" from the main interface.
- Step 3Choose a save path and click "Download" to download the lastest firmware package for your iPad.
- Step 4Click "Start Remove" to begin the fixing and unlocking process.
- Step 5Congratulations! Your iPad unavailable has been successfully fixed and unlocked. After successfully removing the iPad passcode, you can reset the passcode, Touch ID, and Face ID settings on your iPad. Also, you can restore your iPad from a previous iTunes or iCloud backup.
- The whole process was surprisingly easy, smooth and fast, UltFone fixed the iPad unavailable issue for me in just a minute. Highly recommend!
Top 2: iTunes - Restore iPad Unavailable No Time Limit
If you have a computer with the latest version of iTunes installed, you can use iTunes to fix the iPad unavailable message. Connect your iPad to the computer, initiate the Recovery Mode, and restore your iPad using iTunes. Detailed steps here will guide you through the whole process.
Step 1. Open the latest version of iTunes on your PC or Mac. Connect your iPad to the computer using a compatible USB cable.
Step 2. Power off your iPad and put it into Recovery Mode. Here's how:
For iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the Top button and Volume Up/Down button simultaneously until the Power-Off slider appears. Drag the slider to shut down your iPad completely. Continue holding the Top button until you see the Recovery mode screen.
For iPad without a Home button: Press and hold the Side/Top button until the Power-Off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPad. Then, hold down the Home button until the Recovery mode screen appears.
Step 3: Once your iPad is detected by iTunes, select the Summary option and click on the Restore iPad button. Wait for the restore process to complete, and you'll be able to resolve the iPad unavailable problem.
- When using this method, iTunes could not recognize my iPad at first, and it took a lot of time to set the iPad to Recovery Mode. The whole process is complicated and technical skills are required. In contrast, I recommend UltFone iPhone Unlock more.
Top 3: iCloud/Find My iPad - Fix iPad Unavailable Without Computer
If you've enabled the Find My feature on your iPad and remember your Apple ID and password, you can utilize this method to fix your iPad unavailable . This method can be performed without needing a computer, providing greater convenience.
Step 1. Using another device, visit iCloud website .
Step 2. Sign in using your Apple ID and password.
Step 3. Select "Find My iPhone".
Step 4. Choose your iPad model from the list of "All devices".
Step 5. Click on "Erase iPad" to confirm the erasure of your iPad's data. This will remotely erase the screen passcode and all data on your iPad. Once the process is complete, your iPad will be fixed.
- To unlock your iPad without a computer using iCloud, keep in mind that you'll need to know your Apple ID and password. Also, you should have another device available to visit iCloud.
Top 4: Erase iPad - Factory Reset iPad Unavailable Try Again in 8 Hours
How do you fix an unavailable iPad via Erase iPad? One official method to factory reset an unavailable iPad is by using the "Erase iPad" feature. Let's learn how how to reset iPad unavailable via Erase iPad:
Step 1. Attempt to enter your passcode five times on the Lock Screen until the "iPad Unavailable" screen appears, prompting you to try again later.
Step 2. Once you can try again, continue entering your passcode until the "Security Lockout" screen appears, showing the option to Erase iPad in the bottom corner.
Step 3. Tap on Erase iPad and then confirm by tapping Erase iPad again.
Step 4. Enter your Apple ID password to sign out of your Apple ID on the device.
Step 5. Tap on Erase iPad to permanently delete all your data and settings.
Step 6. After your device restarts, follow the onscreen instructions to set it up again, restore your data and settings from a backup, and establish a new passcode.
- This method is only available for iPadOS 15.2 and later versions and requires specific conditions. You must sign in to your Apple ID on the locked iPad and know the associated Apple ID and password. Additionally, the iPad must be connected to a network. It's important to note that the iPad unavailable may provide no erase option to erase your iPad.
Part 4. FAQs About iPad Unavailable
Q1. When I turn on my iPad does it say iPad unavailable?
An iPad wouldn't display the message "iPad unavailable" upon turning it on. Normally, when you turn on your iPad, you should see the Apple logo followed by the device's home screen or lock screen, depending on its settings.
If you're experiencing an issue where your iPad displays an "iPad unavailable" message, it may indicate a specific problem with your device or a network connectivity issue. In such cases, it would be best to contact Apple support or use professional tool like UltFone iPhone Unlock to fix.
Q2. Can you use your iPad ever again if it says iPad unavailable?
Yes, absolutely! As long as you follow the appropriate steps to unlock your iPad, you can regain access to your device and continue using it as before. The methods outlined in this article offer solutions to overcome the iPad unavailable issue and ensure you can resume using your iPad without any restrictions.
There are effective tools to fix iPad unavailable. After testing these tools, I think UltFone iPhone Unlock is the best tool. Try the perfect tool to fix your iPad unavailable at the very beginning. Don't let the iPad unavailable message hinder your device's functionality.