iOS 17/17.1 Stuck on Update Requested? Here Are Proven Solutions
With the release of the iOS 17/17.1 version, iPhone users are excited to explore the new features and enhancements that come with the latest update. However, encountering iOS 17/17.1 stuck on update requested or iOS 17.0.2 update requested issue can be frustrating. This blog will delve into the reasons behind this problem and provide proven solutions to resolve it effectively. Read on to learn more!
- Part 1. Why Does iOS 17/17.1 Say Update Requested
- Part 2. Common Ways to Fix iPhone iOS 17/17.1 Stuck on Update Requested
- Solution 1: Restart your iPhone
- Solution 2. Check Network and Restart Network Settings
- Solution 3. Clear Up Storage Space
- Solution 4. Force to Exit Settings App
- Solution 5. Delete the iOS file & Try Again
- Solution 6. Using iTunes to Update
- Part 3. Fastest and Easiest Way to Fix iOS 17/17.1 Stuck on Update Requested
- Bonus Tips: Upgrade to iOS 17 without iTunes
- People Also Ask about iOS 17/17.1 Update Requested
Part 1. Why Does iOS 17 Say Update Requested
Many users throw the question - why does my iphone say update requested? The "iPhone update requested" is usually because of a poor or unstable internet connection. However, if the Apple server is congested or blocked, you may also experience the iOS 17/17.1 update stuck on "Update Requested."
Low storage could also be a responsible factor since the update requires significant storage space. Additionally, software-related problems can also lead to this issue.
Part 2. Common Ways to Fix iPhone iOS 17/17.1 Stuck on Update Requested
After knowing the reasons why iPhone get stuck on the update requested page, the following ways can help you solve your iPhone iOS 17/17.1 Stuck on Update issue:
1. Restart your iPhone
The first solution is to try force restarting your device. This will refresh things that may help you start downloading iOS 17/17.1. The steps to force restart differ based on the iPhone model you own.
For iPhone XE(2 generation) & later series, which is supported by iOS 17/17.1:
- 1. Press the "Volume Up" button quickly and release it.
- 2. Press the "Volume Down" button quickly and remove it.
- 3. Press and hold the "Power" button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
2. Check Network and Restart Network Settings
Since network connectivity could be responsible for the problem, checking your network settings is important. Here's what you can do to verify your network connectivity:
- 1. Go to the "Settings" app on your device.
- 2. Tap on "Wi-Fi" to connect your device to an available Wi-Fi network.
If you are using mobile data, check whether it is on or off. Also, ensure you have a stable network connection. If you are using a router, try restarting it to see if it resolves the problem.
3. Clear Up Storage Space
The update process will not work correctly if you do not have sufficient space on your iPhone.
To resolve this, you must delete unnecessary apps, photos, videos, music, and files, freeing up around six to seven gigabytes of storage.
4. Force to Exit Settings App
If you are still stuck and iPhone says update requested, try force quitting the Settings app.
To do this, open the Recent Apps menu and swipe up on the Settings app. Wait a minute, then reopen the app to check for progress.
5. Delete the iOS file & Try Again
Sometimes, a corrupt iOS file may be causing the Update requested iPhone 14 issue. To address this, follow these steps:
- 1. Launch the Settings app and go to the General section.
- 2. Check your iPhone Storage to see if any file named iOS 17/17.1 exists. If you find it, delete it, and restart downloading iOS 17 profile on your iPhone.
6. Using iTunes to Update
If methods above could not help you get out of update requested ios 17/17.1 screen, you can try to utilize official method - iTunes to update to the iOS 17 version. Follow these steps:
- 1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer using an appropriate cable.
- 2. If you're using a Windows PC or a Mac running macOS Mojave and earlier, use iTunes. If you have a Mac running macOS Catalina and later, use Finder.
- 3. In iTunes, click the small device icon. In Finder, connect the device name from the left sidebar.
- 4. If prompted, click "Trust" on both the computer and your iPhone, entering the passcode if necessary.
- 5. In iTunes (Summary tab) or Finder (General tab), click "Check for Update" or "Update."
- 6. Click "Update" and follow any on-screen instructions, if provided.
- 7. The iOS download will commence. Depending on your device and internet speed, it may take considerable time to download the file, prepare the update, and install it. It's crucial not to disconnect the device during this process.
Part 3. Fastest and Easiest Way to Fix iOS 17/17.1 Stuck on Update Requested
If you have tried the aforementioned methods but still iOS 17/17.1 update requested, it is time to look at your iPhone’s software-related problems. That’s where UltFone iOS System Repair comes into play.
UltFone iOS System Repair is basically a system repair tool that can resolve many system glitches including iOS 17/17.1 stuck on update requested with just a few clicks. Aside from this, it automatically troubleshoots 150+ iOS system issues/errors/stuck after updating to new iOS version without data loss.
Within fast operation, the tool can achieve high success rate of repairing iPhone problems and has no requirements for technical knowledge and also fix iPados 17/17.1 update requested.
To fix the issue of iPad stuck on update requested using the Standard Repair feature of UltFone iOS System Repair, follow these steps:
- Step 1Download and launch UltFone iOS System Repair on your PC or Mac. Then, connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch to the computer. Click "Start" to enter the iOS system repair module.
- Step 2On the following screen, click "Standard Repair" to proceed.
- Step 3Before performing the system repair, click the "Download" button to download the firmware package that is automatically matched with your device.
- Step 4Once the firmware package is downloaded successfully, click "Start Standard Repair" to fix the iOS issues on your device.
- Step 5After the iOS system recovery, your device will automatically reboot, and everything should return to normal.
Bonus Tips: Upgrade to iOS 17/17.1 without iTunes
Actually, updating through iTunes is a long and cumbersome experience. If you want to avoid wasting time, UltFone iOS Downgrade Tool is a wonderful choice. It ensures you download the iOS 17/17.1 profile and not as complicated to operate as iTunes.
This tool simplifies the installation of iOS 17/17.1 profiles on iOS devices, allowing you to access the latest iOS features and improvements in just a few clicks and requires no technical technology. It also allows you to downgrade to a previous stable version if you encounter compatibility or performance issues with the iOS 17/17.1 release.
To upgrade to the iOS 17/17.1 using UltFone iOS Downgrade Tool, follow these steps:
- Step 1After downloading and launching UltFone iOS System Repair on your PC or Mac, connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch to the computer. Click "iOS Upgrade/Downgrade" at the bottom right of the panel.
- Step 2On the following screen, select the "Upgrade" option.
- Step 3Click the "Download" button to obtain the iOS 17 firmware.
- Step 4Once the firmware package is downloaded to your computer, click "Initiating Upgrade" to update to iOS 17.
- Step 5After following the above steps, you will have successfully downloaded the iOS 17 profile.
After following the above steps, you will have successfully downloaded the iOS 17/17.1 profile.
People Also Ask about iOS 17/17.1 Update Requested
Q1. What is iOS 17 update requested meaning?
"Update requested" means your device is trying to connect to the Apple server to download files.
Q2. Why is my update taking so long ios 17?
Here are a few potential causes for why updating your iPhone may be taking so long: Internet connection that is unstable or perhaps unavailable. Connection to the USB cord is erratic or broken. concurrently downloading other files with the iOS update files.
If you are having trouble with "iPhone iOS 17 update requested" issue, the above tips should help you get it working again. From restarting your iPhone to update through iTunes, these tips should help you get your audio working in no time. If you are still having trouble, then you should try UltFone iOS System Repair to repair or use UltFone iOS Downgrade Tool to upgrade. It is easy to use and can quickly and effectively get out of update requested problem. Give it a try and experience the new version right now!