How to Import VCF to iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/4 Easily and Quickly
Have you ever been in urgent need to import vCard contacts to your current iPhone? You have the .vcf file backup of other iPhone or of other mobile phones, and you want to import VCF to iPhone. This is necessary since you can have a better control of the whole contacts on one iPhone.
If you have ever performed to export iPhone contacts to vCard file on computer, then to import vCard to iPhone is much easier. You just need to import the VCF into Gmail, Outlook, or Windows Live Mail before you start to transfer vCard contacts to iPhone with iTunes.
How to Import VCF to iPhone (including iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/4) with iTunes
Part 1. Import VCF to Gmail, Outlook, or Windows Live Mail
First, import the vCard file to your Gmail, Outlook, or Windows Live Mail so that you can sync all the vCard contacts to iPhone.
- 1. To import VCF file to Gmail: sign into your Gmail account > click "Contacts" > select "More" > click "Import" > select your vCard file > click "Import" to import the vCard file.
- 2. To import VCF file to Outlook: click "File" > select "Open" > select "Import from Another Program or File" > select "vCard" > open the vCard file.
- 3. To import VCF file to Windows Live Mail: launch Windows Live Mail > sign into your account > click "Import" > select "VCF" > click "Import".
Part 2. Sync Contacts to iPhone
After you have imported all the vCard contacts to your Gmail, Outlook, or Windows Live Mail, now you can start to transfer VCF to iPhone.
- 1. Open iTunes and make sure you have the latest version of iTunes (iTunes 11.1 or newer). To check for updates: Windows users choose Help > Check for Updates; Mac users choose iTunes > Check for Updates.
- 2. Connect your iPhone to computer with a USB cable.
3. Click on the iPhone's listing in the Devices section when iPhone appears in iTunes and click "Info".
- 4. Check the box next to "Sync Contacts", and select the service, either Google, Outlook, or Windows Live Mail.
- 5. Click "Apply" and then "Sync". Then iTunes will begins to sync and copy vCard contacts to iPhone.
Extra: How to Import VCF to iPhone without iTunes
Many users have written to us to ask how to import VCF to iPhone without iTunes. There are 3 ways to transfer all vCard contacts to your iPhone if you don't want to use iTunes:
- 1. Sending the vCard file to yourself through an email account that your iPhone uses.
- 2. Importing the .vcf file via iCloud (www.icloud.com)
- 3. Using a third-party app.
Among them, the best way is to send the vCard file to your own email address as an attachment. You can do as follows:
- Step 1. Create an email with the vCard attachment for the contacts that stored on your computer.
- Step 2. Send the email to yourself (that is to send the contacts to the email your iPhone uses).
- Step 3. Open the email in the "Mail" app on your iPhone, tap the vCard (.vcf) attachment in the email, and tap on "Add All Contacts" to import the contents of the vCard contacts to your iPhone.
In some cases, you may delete the contacts on your iPhone by pressing the wrong buttons. Don't feel sad at this time because you can recover all the lost contacts with iPhone Data Recovery even thought you don't have backup files. Have a go if you suffer contacts or other data loss.
If you have any problem, please let us know by leaving it in the comment. We will try every effort to help you out.