How to Reset iPad without Password
By default, the screen lock is used to lock the iPad, but users set their own password for increased security. Also, the password is required when you try to reset your iPad. What if you have forgotten your iPad password and want to perform the factory reset on your device? Then, you will be pleased to know that there are several ways to do so.
In this guide, we are going to introduce you with all possible ways on how to reset iPad without password.
Part 1: Does Reset iPad Delete Everything?
There are a lot of users who are quite curious to know whether performing reset on iPad delete data from it. Well, it depends on whether you’re performing hard reset or factory reset on your iPad.
A hard reset just provides your device a fresh start and it wipes out the memory that the operating system and apps run in, but it won’t wipe out your data.
On the other hand, restoring iPad to factory settings erases all your apps, data, settings, customizations and returns the device to the manufactured state. So, the factory reset iPad will delete everything from your device. Even though it is quite risky to do that, you need it sometimes, for instance before you sell iPad or send it in for repair.
Part 2: 6 Ways to Reset iPad Without Password
No matter for whatever reasons you want to factory reset your iPad, there are 6 possible ways in which you can to do that without a password. As factory reset will delete everything from the device and thus, make sure to take a backup before proceeding with the below-mentioned methods.
- Method 1: The Best Way to Reset iPad without Password or iTunes
- Method 2: How to Factory Reset iPad without Apple ID Password
- Method 3: How to Hard Reset iPad without Password
- Method 4: How to Reset the iPad With iTunes
- Method 5: How to Reset the iPad without Password or Comupter
- Method 6: How to Reset the iPad With Recovery Mode
Method 1: The Best Way to Reset iPad without Password or iTunes
UltFone iOS System Repair is the most recommended way when it comes to factory reset iPad without password or iTunes. This software comes with factory reset feature that can help you to reset locked or disabled iPad without password. Whether you’re using iPad Pro, iPad mini 4 or any other iPad model, the software will help you to reset your device without a password. The software offers an easy and click-through process to do that.
Here’s how to how to reset iPad Mini without password or iTunes using UltFone iOS System Repair:
Step 1 Download and install the software on your computer. Next, run the software and connect your iPad to the computer using a digital cable. Now, you need to select Factory Reset iPhone (iPad also) feature from the upper right corner as shown in the below figure.
Free Download For Win 10/8.1/8/7/XP Secure Download Free Download For macOS 10.15 and below Secure Download
Step 2 After you click on “Fix Now” button, the software will suggest you download the appropriate firmware package for your device, and so, click the “Download” button.
Step 3 After the firmware package is downloaded, the software will start resetting your iPad. Once the process completes, you can set your iPad as new.
Method 2: How to Factory Reset iPad without Apple ID Password
If your iPad is unlocked, then you can also perform a factory reset on your device without Apple ID/iCloud password form the device settings.
Here’s is how to reset the iPad without iCloud password:
- Step 1: Go to the “Settings” on your iPad and then, move to “General”.
Step 2: Now, click “Reset”>” Erase All Content and Settings” option.
- Step 3: Next, choose “Erase Now” or “Backup Then Erase” according to the current backup situation. Now, click “Erase iPad” and then, click “Erase” to confirm it.
In a while, the data will get deleted from your iPad. Once the device restarts, you can set it up as a completely new device.
Method 3: How to Hard Reset iPad without Password
If your iPad gets frozen, preventing you from unlocking the device without a passcode, or if the slider isn’t working at all, then performing a hard reset on iPad is quite helpful in such situations. As we told earlier, this will force your device to turn off, clears out its memory and won’t delete your data. Here’s is how to hard reset iPad without password.
On iPad with Home Button
- Step 1: Press and hold down the Home and Top button together.
- Step 2: Keep holding down both the buttons until you see the Apple logo on your screen.
On iPad without Home Button
- Step 1: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Step 2: Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Step 3: Now, press and hold down the Top button until you see the Apple logo on your screen.
Method 4: How to Reset the iPad With iTunes
Another easy method to reset the iPad without a passcode is by using iTunes. If your iPad is synced with iTunes before, then you can restore the device in iTunes. In this way, iTunes won’t ask for the password again during the restore process.
Here’s how to reset iPad Air 2 without password using iTunes:
- Step 1: To begin with, run the latest version of iTunes on your computer, and connect your device to the computer with the help of a digital cable.
Step 2: Once the iTunes detects your device, click the device icon and move to the “Summary” panel. Here, click on the “Restore iPad”.
- Step 3: Once the restore process completes, your device will restart and you can set it up as a new device.
Method 5: How to Reset the iPad without Password or Comupter
You can also reset your iPad to factory setting without password from iCloud. But, you have to enable the “Find My iPhone” feature in iPad before it is disabled or locked. Thus, if you’ve enabled Find My iPhone on your device, then here’s is o how to factory reset an iPad without computer:
- Step 1: To begin with, go to iCloud.com from your system browser and here, you need to enter your iCloud login details.
- Step 2: Next, click on the “Find My iPhone” feature and then, click “All Devices”. Here, you will see a list of all devices that are connected to the sign-in iCloud account.
Step 3: Now, choose your iPad and then, click “Erase iPad” to reset your device to factory settings.
As you can see that this method provides you remote access to your iPad so that you can perform a factory reset on it without a password.
Method 6: How to Reset the iPad With Recovery Mode
If you’ve never synced your device with iTunes or enabled Find My iPhone before, then you can also reset your iPad without a password by putting it into recovery mode. Once put your device into recovery mode, you can restore it in iTunes.
Here‘s how to reset iPad Pro without password with recovery mode:
Step 1: To begin with, run the latest version of iTunes on your computer and then, connect your device to the computer using a digital cable.
Step 2: Now, you need to put your iPad in recovery mode.
On iPad with Face ID:
- Press and hold down the Top button and either Volume Down or Up button until you see power-off slider.
- Next, drag the slider to switch off the device.
- Now, connect the device to the computer while holding down the Top button. Don’t release the button until the recovery-mode icon appears on the screen.
OOn iPad with Home Button:
- Press and hold down the Side button until you see power-off slider.
- Next, drag the slider to switch off the device.
- Now, connect the device to the computer while holding down the Home button. Don’t release the button until the recovery-mode icon appears on the screen.
Step 3: Once the iTunes detects your iPad, it will give you two options and you need to select the “Restore” option.
Once the restore process completes, you can set up your iPad as new without password.
The Bottom Line
That’s all on how to reset the iPad back to factory settings without a password. As you can see that there are methods available to factory reset iPad Pro without a passcode, computer, and iTunes. However, UltFone iOS System Repair is the most recommended method as it will help you to reset your iPad without much hassle and any requirements, unlike iTunes/iCloud.