Unable to Install iOS 14 Update on iPhone or iPad? How to Fix
iOS 14 came into the public on September 16th. With advanced new features, iOS 14 users have skyrocketed worldwide. However, better and faster it's, we still see plenty of people fail to update iOS 14, especially for iPhone users of old models, so here I concluded some useful methods to fix iOS 14 installing errors and help successfully update your iPhone X/8/7/7 Plus/6s/SE/6/5/5c/5s and iPad.
An Error Occurred Installing iOS 14
Most iOS 14 errors are found when using Over-the-air iOS update, which is the most common and convenient way to upgrade your iPhone, iPad. Normally when you go to Setting > General > Software Update on device, you will get access to download and install iOS 14, but it's possible that you fail to upgrade iOS software during the process. Error reports may appear on below situation:
- iPhone/iPad unresponsive at Checking for Update interface.
- Unable to verify iOS update due to Internet connection lost (even if actually connected).
- Remind that your old software is up to date even if new update is available.
- Keep promoting an error has occurred while installing downloaded software package.
- Apple logo shown on your screen for several minutes with no loading bar.
Top 4 Ways to Fix iOS 14 Upgrade Not Working on iPhone or iPad
Below we will share 4 ways to help you fix iOS 14 update errors, like not installing, no verified updates, etc. Now let us see the details:
Method 1: Enter Recovery Mode and Reboot Your iPhone/iPad
In Most cases, iOS installing errors can be settled by force restarting your iPhone/iPad.
- 1. On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons until you see the Apple logo.
- 2. On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo.
- 3. On iPhone 8 and newer models: Press the Volume Up button and quickly release. Press Volume Down button and quickly release. Press and hold the Side button until you see recovery mode screen.
Or you can try a totally free software UltFone iOS System Repair to 1-click enter and exit recovery mode without holding buttons for a long time. To reboot your iPhone, just simply click Enter recovery mode.
After restarting your iPhone/iPad, try OTA update on you iOS device once more.
Method 2: Reset Network Settings on iPhone/iPad
If you can't reach the update network server and it keeps popping up "Not Connected to the Internet", try updating your device again using the same network, or resetting network settings if necessary.
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Method 3: Remove iOS Update then Download Again
Should you still can't install iOS 14 successfully, try downloading the firmware package again.
- 1. Go to Setting > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage. Find downloaded iOS 14 data in the storage list.
- 2. Tap the iOS update, then choose Delete Update.
- 3. Go to Setting > General > Software Update to re-download the latest iOS update.
If same installing issues happen again or there is no iOS update package in the list of iCloud storage management, you should consider updating your iPhone/iPad manually with iTunes.
Method 4: Update iOS Software Using iTunes
If iOS 14 unable to install automatically under over-the-air mode, you can update your iPad/iPhone using iTunes on a computer that you trust.
- 1. Launch iTunes on the computer and connect your device with it.
- 2. Select your own iOS device and click Summary option.
- 3. You will see the existing iOS version on the right of the pane, under which click Check for Update.
- 4. Choose Download and Update on the pop-up window.
iOS 14 Upgrade not Working on iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max?
Though Apple officially announced that the new iOS 14 works for iPhone 6s and later, some iPhone 11 users reported that no valid updates shown on their devices. Users on the forums reported that there may be a problem with iPhone 11 as Apple cancelled the update ISPW file for iPhone 11. You may still find from https://ipsw.me/14.0
Extra Tip: iPhone/iPad Stuck or Frozen When Installing iOS 4?
Except for getting into/out of recovery mode, UltFone iOS System Repair can fix all kinds of iPhone/iPad screen frozen, iOS stuck, iTunes errors and other related issues. Besides, it enables you to update your iPhone and iPad to recently available iOS version during repairing process without data loss.
- 1. Connect your iPhone/iPad with UltFone iOS System Repair and click Fix All iOS Stuck on the homepage. Start to repair operating system by clicking Start.
- 2. Download the firmware package online before repairing. Feel free to choose a save path.
- 3. When downloading process done, click Repair Now to safely start system fixing.
Once repairing finished, your iPhone/iPad will restart with new iOS 14 available, and you will find the device runs better and faster than ever.
Hope above solutions work for iPhone/iPad won't update to iOS 14. If you find methods we provided useful, please kindly share with your friends.